Are you struggling to help your student move past a crisis in their lives? When family circumstances and special needs require consideration of alternative programs, Atlanta Educational Consultants can help.
We have the resources available to help you choose and place your child in the appropriate academic, social, emotional, and behavioral setting for their particular needs.
We have first-hand information gathered from our extensive travels to Wilderness Therapy Programs, Residential Treatment and Therapeutic Boarding Schools, Young Adult Transition programs, Intensive Therapeutic Assessment programs, and other transitional interventional programs. Through this in depth experience, we access a vast collaborative network of other professionals to assure that your child will be placed in a school or program where he or she can develop successfully. Then, once your student is enrolled in the right school or program, we will actively monitor his or her progress.
Typical Diagnoses of Our Clients
- Learning Disabilities and/or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (LD/ADHD)
- Non Verbal Learning Disorder (NVLD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (including the former DSM classification of Asperger’s Syndrome)
- School Refusal
- Mood Disorders
o Social Anxiety
o Bipolar Disorder
- Reactive Attachment Disorder
- Mental Health issues related to Adoption
- Personality Disorders: including Borderline Personality Disorder, Narcissistic, Antisocial, Obsessive Compulsive and others
- Sexual misconduct/promiscuity/reactivity
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- Conduct Disorder
- Eating disorders
- Drug and alcohol addictions
- Addictions such as computer, gaming and pornography
- Alternative Educational Placement
- Emergency Placement